Otis puts health and safety at the centre of everything we do and have implemented an Induction Management System for our subcontractors. The system adopts a risk based approach to categorise and manage subcontractors based on their work on our sites. This site provides more detailed information about the Induction Management System and who has to use it.
All contractors and business entities working on our sites must register in the Otis Induction Management System before starting.
The Induction Management System requires all companies to register and provide company details. As part of this process, important supporting documents must be uploaded – usually insurances (Workers Comp/Public Liability), trade licences and maybe information about your company structure and directors/owners. You may also need to submit more information on your Safety Management Systems for review.
All individuals performing work on site must complete Online Safety Induction training modules relevant to their work. This simple process requires the employee to read information modules about the Otis safety process and answer questions to confirm their understanding.
Once the individual has passed the relevant training modules, they’ll be issued an Otis EHS Accredited Contractor Safety Card and ID number. This card and number must be on hand at Otis sites, if the card cannot be produced you will be asked to leave the site.
Pegasus connects a competent workforce. They are managing the Contractor Management System on behalf of Otis.
The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract